Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What I learned on Oprah yesterday

So yesterday Oprah had the "Stars of Country" on her show.
Now I know ill be judged for this, but I had NO idea that:
A) Hootie and the Blowfish was considered country.
B) That the lead singer of Hootie and the Blowfish is NOT, in fact, named Hootie.
And that C) he is black.
Every time I pictured Hootie and the Blowfish in my mind, I'm fairly sure that I pictured The Counting Crows. And I've heard the name Darius Rucker but I had no clue who that was. Yeah, I know- I'm an idiot.
Meanwhile- can someone please explain to me the obsession that is Kenny Chesney? I enjoy his music and everything. However, not only is he maybe 4'8", but does it bother anyone else that the man is like deathly afraid of taking off his hat? He was hugging the crazy fans on Oprah while doing the reach around to hold his hat on. Who cares that you're bald under there? I'm one windy day away from being bald myself. Man up, Kenny.

1 comment:

Taryn said...

Lol- Until just now- I did not know that Hootie and the Blowfish was country either- however due to my father's love of them I did know the lead singer was not named Hootie and that he was, in fact, black.

(However, I did make the same mistake with Pink Floyd- I thought the lead singer was named Pink Floyd. Oops.)