Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Alice in Wonderland

Is it weird that I'm beyond excited for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland? While I'm not the biggest Tim Burton fan (Nightmare Before Christmas still gives me nightmares...) I think that he'll do an awesome job on this movie. I've always been a fan of this book and I like many quotes from it, and I love the Cheshire Cat for some reason. I had a poster that was this conversation that I like between Alice and the Cheshire cat. 

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. 
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." 
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. 
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." 
Alice went on, "Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat. 
"I don't much care where--" said Alice. 
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat. 
"--so long as I get SOMEWHERE," Alice added as an explanation. 
"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."

2 comments:

Taryn said...

I was not excited about the movie- but I am now! I think he will make a fantastic Cheshire Cat.

michael said...

This is cause you love my tattoo, right?