Friday, November 7, 2008

Bucket Lists

So I was reading a blog that got me thinking about Bucket Lists. I am one of those people that would rather do things like ASAP rather than "before I die." I do not want to be travelling around the world when I'm too damn old to enjoy anything. And if I sit down and think about it, I have actually done a lot for a 24 year old.

Things I have done:

1) Gone skydiving (over the Swiss Alps- it doesn't get much better)
2) Got PADI certified (In Turks and Caicos)
3) Backpacked around most of Europe
4) Saw the paleolithic cave drawings in Lascaux
5) Lived in a foreign country
6) Learned another language
7) Crawled up the "Holy Stairs" on my knees in Rome
8) Been inside some of the most famous cathedrals in the world
9) Posed in a phone booth in London
10) Went white water rafting
11) Skied in Colorado
12) Been horseback riding
13) Seen a space shuttle take off
14) Been to Disneyland, Disney World and Euro Disney
15) Taken a train ride to the East coast (never again)
16) Overcome fears (heights would have been one of those)
17) Bottled Holy Water in Lourdes
18) Eaten at the Jules Verne in the Eiffel Tower
19) Waited 3 hours to see Pope John Paul's tomb in the Vatican
20) Taken pictures of The David, the Creation of Adam and many other things that you weren't supposed to take pictures of.
21) Celebrated my 21st bday in Nice
22) Went through the catacombs in Paris
23) Been to a strip club in Cedar Rapids (classy)
24) Spent $31 on 2 coca colas in Paris
25) Saw a naked old man in Ibiza
26) Worked with kids with disabilities
27) Got a puppy!

Ok of course I've done a million more things, I just can't think of them right now. It doesn't hurt to remember what you have done while always planning what you will do.

Things I HAVE to do:

1) Backpack through Thailand (I'm obsessed)
2) Train through India
3) Pay my parents back for everything they've given me (see, I'm not entirely evil)
4) Learn how to snowboard (I have a snowboard and boots- just haven't gone yet)
5) Learn more languages
6) Get actively involved in a philanthropy
7) Go mountain climbing
8) Volunteer at an AIDS clinic in Africa
9) Oktoberfest in Germany
10) Do something completely different for New Years (Note: I HATE New Years and can't wait until I can avoid paying $100 to go to an annoying club)
11) Lose weight
12) I would like to try fasting for 48 hours (there is NO way I could make it)
13) See the pyramids
14) Be able to meditate
15) Meditate in the Taj Mahal
16) Ride an elephant (ever since I saw Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom)
17) Go to Tibet
18) Machu Picchu
19) Live with barely any possessions for as long as I can (I give it an hour)
20) Go to NYC
21) Get a job at a pub in Ireland or Scotland
22) Learn how to surf (I would be terrible)
23) Save someones life
24) Run a half marathon
25) Be in a movie (And no, this doesn't count)
26) Meet someone new each day
27) Get a tattoo in Thailand (I know, I'm weird)
28) Have kids (eventually)
29) Be him
30) Eat something bizarre in Marrakesh
31) Help the environment

Ok, I could go on for days, but I have a wedding to get to in Canada this weekend!

Whats on your bucket list?

1 comment:

Bayjb said...

Aww thanks so much for the linkey love! I'm glad my list was inspiration for you. I love that you went skydiving over the Alps, that is amazing.