Saturday, November 29, 2008

Its a sign of the times when...

... an innocent maintenance worker gets trampled and killed by a bunch of crazy Wal-mart shoppers. Are you KIDDING me???

This actually solidifies my theory that people are inherently evil. Well I have no idea, but this story is beyond depressing.

The injuries occurred as the shoppers crammed into the Wal-Mart when the doors opened at 5 a.m. Some 2,000 shoppers were waiting to get inside the store for Black Friday sales. Police said the shoppers knocked the man, Jdimytai Damour, to the ground at 5:03 a.m., three minutes after the store opened.
Kimberly Cribbs, who witnessed the stampede, said shoppers were acting like "savages...When they were saying they had to leave, that an employee got killed, people were yelling 'I've been on line since yesterday morning.' They kept shopping."

Again, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! For a couple bucks off?!? Hey, I'm all about the deals. But for the love of God, running your fat ass over a man dead on the floor to get Kung-Fu Panda for $5, and you don't stop to help?! Even an 8 month pregnant woman was injured (although, at 8 months pregnant, you're lucky if you could get me all the way to the bathroom, let alone Wal-Mart on black friday).

When we were at Target, we all calmly stood in line out front and chatted about coffee and what other deals they were shopping for. When we were let in, everyone calmly walked through the doors and proceeded to the section of their choice. I even resisted the urge to push an annoying eleventeen year old with Guitar Hero III out of my way. People calmly grabbed five 32" flat screen TVs and 423 portable DVD players each, and headed to the checkout. I really think that if I saw someone lying on the ground, I could have forgone my Kodak camera for a couple seconds to help out- even in this struggling economy.

AND lets not forget the two men who shot and killed each other at a Toys-R-Us in California. I mean, what could have possibly gone on to warrant a shooting? "Hey buddy, that's my Leap Frog!" "Oh really? I'll shoot you for it." Awful.

1 comment:

Katie Says So said...

I couldnt believe that when I read about what happened at Walmart!!! people are crazzzyyy!!!!